President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. expressed elation on Friday after receiving reports that 56 more Filipinos have left Gaza to join 42 others who previously crossed the Rafah Crossing for Egypt.
“Happy to hear the update that 56 more Filipinos have left Gaza amid the Israel-Hamas conflict, joining the 42 who had previously crossed. This brings the total to 98 out of the 137 originally in Gaza, now en route to Cairo,” President Marcos said in his posting on X, formerly Twitter.
In another social media posting, Marcos said 34 of these Filipinos have boarded their flight to Qatar and will arrive today at 4:30 p.m.
“The safe journey of our nationals is of utmost importance, and we look forward to welcoming them home,” the President said.
On Wednesday, the President extended his gratitude to the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) and the embassies of Israel, Jordan and Egypt for the safe passage of 40 more Filipinos from the Gaza strip through the Rafah crossing in Egypt.
In a video message, the President the successful passage of the 40 more Filipinos was made possible through the coordination of the DFA with the embassies in Israel, Jordan and Egypt.
Marcos is hopeful that the remaining Filipinos waiting for signal to exit the Rafah border would be able to cross with their families as he assured to provide more updates regarding the ongoing Israel-Hamas conflict.
Israel declared war against Hamas militant group that rules Gaza following its October 7 rampage in southern Israel that killed more than 1,400 people. | PND
Photo Courtesy of PCO